___________________________________________________________________________

I am but a fickle heart longing to be fearless.



Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Re-Discovery

I made a stand for poetry.
Solemnly swore to dedicate myself to it.
Little by little. Day by day.


To read it.
To learn how to plunge beneath its surface,
And be lured into it’s honest yet mysterious depths.


And how to write it.
It quickly captivated me.
It shone out my eyes.
And tingled the hairs on my arms.
It made the sun seem more radiant.
And the moon seem more magical.


Then all at once it disappeared.
Like it wanted to be rid of me.
But it was I.
I who had stopped letting it pour over me.
And it drifted away before I knew it was gone.


It has been said
That absence makes the heart fonder.
Now is the time for my re-discovery
Of life, delight, and captivation.
Oh, joy of poetry, return to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment