___________________________________________________________________________

I am but a fickle heart longing to be fearless.



Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Go Round

So I guess I'm stuck.
I'm stuck on this merry-go-round. It's fun to be on, but I'm really just sitting there watching the world go by. Going through the routine, and hoping that some new adventure will start, or something different will happen this time, or even that I'll just...magically become a different person.
I think the person I hope to be is someone far away from the person I try to be. I'm trying and trying, looking at my goals, but then doing nothing to achieve them. It's like banging my head against a wall.

Routine is comfortable. Maybe that's the problem. I get so used to it that I don't want to change. I want something else to happen but I don't want to be the one to make it happen.

I'm stuck on that merry-go-round a heck of a lot more that I should be. It's time to get off and do something. I'm sick of watching everyone else go by. It's my turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment