___________________________________________________________________________

I am but a fickle heart longing to be fearless.



Monday, December 1, 2008

Oh, How The Years Go By


Today, on the first day of December, I woke up to a fluffy white layer of snow, blanketing every tree and house on our street. What a beautiful way to start the winter season. I'm not being sarcastic. Even if our Chicago winters last a good five months, it's hard not to get excited. No matter how cold it gets, it's snow--endless fun.

But it seems, it's only been a couple of months since last year's first snowfall.

This year has gone by faster than any other year so far in my life. There's one inevitable thing about becoming older that is somewhat depressing--the years always go by lightning fast. No matter how many things I do in a day or how many experiences I go through, time always goes by much faster than I expect.
When I was younger, I was much more ignorant and oblivious to the things that went on around me and even the concept of time itself. The world revolved around me. That was it. But now, as I'm growing older, time is constantly becoming sacred. When I come to the overwhelming realization that 24 hours a day hardly ever seems like enough, I learn to treasure them and think more often about the way I spend them.


“Time is free, but it's priceless.
You can't own it, but you can use it.
You can't keep it, but you can spend it.
Once you've lost it, you can never get it back.”

--Harvey McKay

No comments:

Post a Comment