___________________________________________________________________________

I am but a fickle heart longing to be fearless.



Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Lies I Weave

I know it burdens my heart each time,
But I need to hear it. Please say it?

Hearing nothing would make my ego soar.
But I need both feet on the ground.

Your words are hard to take,
But not taking them to heart would be foolish.

I'm blind to the pain I cause.
Tell me what wounds I've inflicted,
And what holes I've dug.










Find me and humble me--
for I'm buried beneath rubble.
All that surrounds me are the lies I weave.

I have sown seeds of sorrow.
And now I weep.
Your loyalty finds me in tears of grief.
It's a humbling love, that you show me.

You've torn me apart, now I plead to be new.
Rebuild me.
My heart kneels to you now.

And I can't get away from your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment