___________________________________________________________________________

I am but a fickle heart longing to be fearless.



Monday, October 12, 2009

Take Me To Depths I've Never Been

These lyrics have been my prayer and song lately. They have helped bring me back to the Lord. Throughout life's complications and all the struggles that I go through, even when the sky is falling, I can rest in the knowledge that my Savior is sovereign and that he is where he has always been. And he cares for me constantly.

"Lord, You know how much I want to know so much in the way of answers and explanations. I have cried and prayed
and still I seem to stay in the middle of life’s complications.
All this pursuing leaves me feeling like I’m chasing down the wind,
but now it’s brought me back to You and I can see again.

This is everything I want, this is everything I need.
I want this to be my one consuming passion!
Everything my heart desires, Lord, I want it all to be for You!
Jesus, be my magnificent obsession!

So capture my heart again. Take me to depths I’ve never been.
Into the riches of Your grace and Your mercy.
Return me to the cross and let me be completely lost
in the wonder of the love that You’ve shown me.
Cut through these chains that tie me down to so many lesser things.
Let all my dreams fall to the ground until this one remains.

You are everything I want, You are everything I need.
I want You to be my one consuming passion!
Everything my heart desires, Lord, I want it all to be for You!
I want it all to be for You!

You are everything I want and You are everything I need!
Lord, You are all my heart desires. You are everything to me!"

1 comment: