___________________________________________________________________________

I am but a fickle heart longing to be fearless.



Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sunrise






If I had the chance to go back again,
take a different road,

bear a lighter load,
tell an easy story. . .


I would walk away
with my yesterdays

and I would not trade what is broken
for beauty only.

Every valley,
every bitter chill

made me ready to climb back up the hill
and find that . . .

You are sunrise!

You are blue skies!

How would I know the morning
if I knew not midnight?

You’re my horizon,

You’re the light of a new dawn.


So thank You, thank You,

that after the long night,
You are sunrise.



There’s a moment when faith caves in,

there’s a time when every soul is certain
God is gone.

But every shadow is evidence of sun.

And every tomorrow holds out hope for us.
For every one of us
.

You are sunrise!                   
You are blue skies! 
How would I know the morning 
 if I knew not midnight? 

You’re my horizon! 
You’re the light of a new dawn!  

So thank You, thank You!
           That after the long night, You are sunrise. . .  

You alone will shine.             
You alone can resurrect this heart of mine.

                   You are sunrise. . . 

-Nichole Nordeman "Sunrise"

No comments:

Post a Comment