___________________________________________________________________________

I am but a fickle heart longing to be fearless.



Monday, May 18, 2009

Moonlight

The clock blinked. 3:21am.
I don't know why I opened my eyes but I did. And I don't regret making that decision. As I shifted to my other side, my eyes caught a glimpse of a perfectly serene light spilling through my window frame. I lifted my heavy head and peered a bit to the right. My mouth fell open. This glowing orb of tranquil white shone down. It pierced through the darkness, straight into my heart. I haven't seen something that deeply inspiring in a very long while. My heart felt lighter. I rested my head back on the pillow, but continued to stare long and hard at the beauty that filled my eyes. It's strange, a warm feeling of comfort washed over me as I gazed at the simplicity that caused my awe.

Even at night, I have a light shining around me. I am not alone. Even when the rest of the world has bid their goodnights, He does not slumber.

Needless to say, I slept very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment