___________________________________________________________________________

I am but a fickle heart longing to be fearless.



Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Rubbish




I think I should take this time to take a deep breath--inhale, and exhale.
I've been feeling extremely discouraged and unhappy about how my whole job search is going. Getting past fifty applications was not a joyful milestone. To be honest, I'm tired of being patient. I'm tired of waiting on God's timing, and that sounds horrible--it is horrible--but since I feel like nothing is changing, and no job is in sight, it's been easy to get downhearted.

I would be lying through my teeth if I said I can't feel God working. The evidence of his goodness and grace come ten fold. Everyday he opens my eyes to beauty that is almost overwhelming. Every time I think about where I could be and the things I could have, he wakes me up to show me the things I really should desire. God is leading me through a valley but I am no longer afraid. When you hold on to the hand that guides you, beautiful things happen. You experience overwhelming joy.

Approaching this job search with unhappiness, impatience, and worry was all too wrong. So, back to square one. I've decided to have a new attitude. Instead of worrying about all the things I'm missing out on, I need to focus on the things I can do, the actions I can take, the ways God can use me and the things he will have me do.

"What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ." (Philippians 3:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment